How to clean shower screen – that’s a question many people ask themselves. The screens are the most gleaming elements of the bathroom, but it is also true that they accumulate dirt very easily. After each shower, the residues of lime that are in the water along with the remains of soap and other chemicals, are sticking little by little on the surface of the shower screen giving it an opaque and neglected appearance.
Cleaning the shower screens is important to maintain the hygiene of your bathroom, so here are some tips to eliminate dirt quickly before it gives a bad look to your sink.
How to clean shower screen made of plastic
Plastic gets dirty much faster than glass, and it is easier to see stains and debris on this type of surface. So to clean the lime of a plastic and transparent screen, it is necessary that you do it at least once a week by sprinkling a little ammonia with a spray on the surface and in the rails if it has also accumulated there.
IMPORTANT: use gloves and mask when applying ammonia.
How To Clean Glass Partitions
It is better to use white vinegar to clean the glass because of its chemical composition. Vinegar is the ideal element to clean the glass because it does not stain or mistreat it, unlike other commercial products that may end up darkening it. Just dilute a cup of white vinegar in a little warm water, and with the help of a cloth, you can clean the surface of the screen without problems. It is best to use specific treatments to ensure you eliminate lime.
Antical Treatments on How To Clean Shower Screen
In the supermarket, you can find a series of elements for crystals and bathrooms, but white vinegar and bicarbonate are the best products to remove lime from screens. Try some of these anti-scale treatments to clean your screens:
1- White vinegar and bicarbonate:
- Mix a cup of white vinegar with two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Apply the thick mixture on the screen and let it act 20 minutes.
- Remove the remains with a damp cloth.
2- White vinegar and water:
- Mix 2 part of white vinegar and two parts of hot water.
- Place the mixture in a spray and spray the entire screen.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and scrub the stained surface.
- Remove the residues with a cloth.
3- Bicarbonate, lemon, and vinegar
- Mix 3 parts of vinegar and one of water.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and the juice of a lemon.
- Place the mixture in the spray and spread it over the surface.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with little hot water.
- Dry the surface with a clean cloth.
If you want to know more home cleaning products, read this article to discover the best multipurpose cleaners for the home.
Tips to keep the screens always clean
Spray the screen and the lane with lemon juice every three days, so you will eliminate bacteria and prevent mold from occurring.
After showering, leave the window or door open so that moisture does not accumulate inside the bathroom.
When you buy cleaning products, make sure they are suitable for the type of screen you have.
You now know how to clean shower screen properly. Maintaining bathroom hygiene is very important not only for aesthetics but also to take care of your health.